Iredell Health System’s emergency room (ER) is ready and able to care for you 24 hours a day. We provide care for all types of emergencies, from life-threatening injuries and illnesses to minor health concerns. As Statesville’s only emergency department, we are here for our community.
Our emergency department has:
- A three-bay, private triage area and 18 acute care beds.
- Chest pain center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology.
- Stroke care accreditation from The Joint Commission.
- Designated areas for cardiac and trauma patients.
- TeleStroke and Tele-Psych services that we use to remotely connect with highly trained specialists for mental health and stroke care.
- A convenience care area, open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., where you can receive care for minor accidents and illnesses when you can’t get an appointment with your regular doctor.
Our skilled ER team
Our team includes board-certified physicians who are specially trained in emergency medicine. These Wake Forest Baptist emergency providers work alongside our nurses and medical staff, delivering expert care in our ER.
All of our ER nurses have advanced cardiac life support and pediatric advanced life support training, and several have national certifications in trauma and emergency care. Our team also includes sexual assault forensic nurse examiners who are specially trained to help victims of sexual assault.
What to expect when you visit our ER
Our goal is to serve you in the most efficient way possible and to keep you and your loved ones informed of any delays that may occur.
A registered nurse in our private triage area will promptly document your concerns and symptoms to assist in determining the priority of your evaluation by one of our providers. We make every effort to provide prompt treatment; however, our first responsibility is to provide immediate assistance to the more seriously ill or injured patient. We appreciate your understanding. When a treatment area is available, you will be taken there and evaluated. Your registration will be completed at your bedside, where you can rest comfortably.
We use advanced patient tracking and electronic medical records systems to further streamline your visit. This helps ensure prompt treatment by our emergency staff, as well as staff in other areas of the hospital who may be involved in your care.
We would like to thank you for choosing Iredell Memorial Emergency Department as we partner with you in your care.